The Hydroworks Hydroguard (HG) separator is an innovation in oil/grit separator design. The HG separator removes suspended solids, oil, and trash from storm water runoff. This unique design treats both low and high flows, but in separate treatment areas. This allows the HG separator to treat higher flows but also minimize scour and resuspension of previously captured fines. It is the only design on the market that recognizes the need to treat low flows differently!
- Completed third-party testing to Canadian ETV protocol.
- Small footprint minimizing conflicts with other utilities
- Lower cost compared to similar structural BMPs
- Removes trash, oil spills and suspended solids
- Easily maintained once per year for typical applications
- Minimal elevation difference between inlet and outlet pipe
- Sized based on local hydrology and continuous simulation
- Technical support to assist with design and approvals
- Treats both low and high flows
- Separate low flow path minimizes scour at high flows
- Supports Smart Growth principles since the HG is installed underground maximizing the development density in an urban area